3.17.2011

Monday March 14, 2011

Learning from my earlier shopping faux pas I've been getting a little more adventurous in the town of Gurgeon - taking a daily walk to one of the local shopping centers.  I've found my morning coffee place and an excellent Italian bakery/pizza shop.  (The Indian food at our guesthouse, Cambria Inn & Suites, is amazing so we have only gone for pizza once.)  Also discovered a local tailor today and found a physio for Meror who has aggravated “mouse” shoulder…  Aside from the very important latte source my favourite "cubby-hole" shop is one that sells ayurvetic aromatic oils, feng shui stones and figures of gods that bring blessings and protection to the house.    Yes I did buy a few trinkets there.  The shopkeeper was full of information - most of which I understood.  I love the energy of the Indian people and their willingness to humour my naivety about local customs.  

It is extremely dusty everywhere - and hot...  I can't believe I am wearing a long sleeved t-shirt tromping around in 28-degree temperatures.
This is where we're staying...


1 comment:

  1. Ooops sorry Mike - just meant to edit my comment for spelling...lol. What I was saying is that I am really enjoying your commentary and great photos. Keep it up. It is fun to watch you exploring. I really related to your comment about not seeing the details because what is staring you in the face is so overwhelming. That is the advantage of staying in one place for a longer period of time. Lucky you.

    ReplyDelete